FANDOM

A FANDOM user
  Loading editor
  • If you look at his history, he has been abusing edits on Main Page and Bronze items. Deleting contents on Main Page and unrelated names on Bronze page. 

      Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hi!

    I started playing this game some time ago (a week or two? the time's flying by while playing) and from the beginning I found this wiki huge help to me. But there seem to be a lot of white spots and imperfections as of now and I'd like to help if possible.

    The things that pester me most right now in no given order seem to be: incomplete list of mobs, possibly outdated info, incomplete list of items and where to buy/sell them, possibly outdated info, missing key info on locations, outdated forging recipes + images instead of the new template, missing various summary pages (comparison of equipment, mobs, etc.).

    I'd like to ask what the wiki priorities are right now, whether there's someone already working on anything of the list or if there are any preferences about what I should focus on. I'd also like to ask, what are common resources to work with (in game wiki?, source files of standalone client?, something completely different?) and it would also be very helpful if I could be pointed towards some resources on templates. I'm used to work with MediaWiki and DocuWiki, but can't persuate edit here to give me the source code, neither find some templates in wiki and generally Wikia behaves quite different in several ways.

    Also is there some communication stream used by local editors?

    Thanks in advance for any replies and I hope I can help in one way or another.

    Eremiell

      Loading editor
    • Found the source editor at last. It's a bit cumbersome, but it works. I'll try to look into some templating later, but am still interested in what would you like me to work on and if there's any communication channel.

      Cheers,

      Eremiell

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Hi there, I'm just wondering if you could delete some of the images and pages? For example, in the Forging article, the item is "Large Bronze Shield," not "Bronze Large Shield". I just tried to edit the name and because the file is named incorrectly, it'll show up as "File:Large Bronze Shield.png

    Large Bronze Shield".  I just uploaded another image with the correct name but I would also have to create a new page with the correct name since I can't edit the page names. The file names for the forumlas.png would also have to be changed I think. I don't know if there are any other Admins besides you who are able to correct this. Thanks!


    (Current name -> Correct name)

    Bronze Large Shield -> Large Bronze Shield

    Iron Large Shield -> Large Iron Shield

    Iron Small Shield -> Small Iron Shield

      Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • I've got the infobox looking the way I think it should for an item, (infobox_item_new) containing all the information from the in-game wiki in the same order but I was unable to understand using the 'Catagories' option for the infobox - I know it is wrong but don't know how to correct it.  If the box meets with approval and the layout of the Blue Cape page works for you, can a Template for the whole page be created to include the infobox, the Mob Drops and the Merchants as a single copy/paste to then just update the item specific information?

    Sorry about the Loot Drop Percentages.  I know that the Fishing spots do have a progressive % adjustment when you level up but the in-game Wiki % numbers are slightly different that what shows up when you right-click and select 'Mob Drop'.  Example, Hen shows Feather at 0.25% in the Wiki and 0.19% in the chat window.  What numbers should be used in these Wiki pages?

    Also sorry for being troublesome but I like accurate information and an easy to use reference and I can't help trying to fix those things.

      Loading editor
    • The drop % in the chat window is the actual drop percent, because of how drops work.  The drop % in wiki is the chance the item has to drop, if everything in front of it fails.


      Say there's 10 items with 10% drop rate, the first one has a 10% chance to drop.  The second item has a 10% chance to drop 90% of the time, so a 9% chance to drop for the player.  Item 3 has 10% chance to drop 81% of the time, or an 8.1% chance to drop for the player.

        Loading editor
    • The blue cape is looking good, idk something about it still seems off though. It's hard to say for sure how it could be made better.  We should come up with a way to perfect all the information display before adding more items.

      I took out the (Is_Pet) from the original infobox, edited it out of yours as well.  Now it just checks to see if there is +inv spaces to add that box, using is_pet was a little confusing.

      I can say that it doesn't need links for both "slot" and "equipment type", they both go to the same place.  Could remove the equipment type line out of the infobox.

      Price should probably be kept listed at the bottom like I had it, for numbers larger then 5 numeral places that will make the table get really large and look wierd.

      I'd probably merge the 2 cells skill level into 1, skill ( level ).  For blue cape it would be defense (1).

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Pardon me if the changes I made to the Equipment page weren't up to snuff.  The names I used to identify each item were taken directly from the in-game equipment graphic.  I could determine what each of the items were by their single-word description except for 'pop' and in looking for it, found it to be Potion of Preservation but with no reference to 'pop'.  This led me to 'correct' (in my opinion) the other descriptions to match the in-game information which it no longer does.  The left and right hands are designated as 'weapon' and 'shield' in the graphic and center top is labeled 'helm'.  Ring is labeled 'ring' and not finger and necklace is labeled 'neck' and those associated links were to the Jewelry page which lists most of the creatable rings and necklaces.

    This is a neat game with much potential to grow grander in scope and I would like to be a part of that growth.  Please advise me as to what you want or don't want in edits to this Wikia.

      Loading editor
    • Ya no worries, and thank you for all the work you are putting into the wiki.  The descriptions are (equip slot) / (commonly used name).  Necklaces are equiped to the "neck" slot.  If you mouse over an equipment (like rings for example) it will give the stats and then after the stats what equip slot it goes to (fingers).

      I've left the wiki open and unlocked so anyone can help with it because there is so much that needs to be done still.  If there's ever anything you need help with like info boxs feel free to ask, I'll be more active in wiki if you are. Sorry for the delay in response.

        Loading editor
    • Thanks to you for all you do.  I do have a couple of things.  I put a note in the box with the Jewelry items on the NPCs page for the Dorpat Jewer.  Two of the .png graphics show Enchanted when the items are not Enchanted items.  I have yet to do graphic .png's though I did just save a map of Reval and I will see if I can edit it to just show the town with (perhaps) character names displayed.  Good luck to me.

      I did create an item page for the Wizard Robe but was unable to make the Infobox contain a mini-table for the stats like the Mob Infobox used for the Gray Wizard.  It may be a condition of the Infobox itself which I can't change (?).  If you could see about making the Item Infobox work, I could begin making Item pages galore.

      I did a "Fishing New" page you may have seen.  Let me know if you like the layout etc.

      If there is anything particular you need worked on, let me know also.

        Loading editor
    • For item pages with stats use the same info box you used for kobolas pet.  The new fishing page looked interesting. :)

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
  • Do we have a standard page for what templates to use for what, formatting, Etc.?

    I'm working on this, and It looks like other people are joining in a bit as well, but if that's the case we're going to end up fixing a lot of pages if everyone uses different stuff. 

    Just a thought.

      Loading editor
  • It's been awhile since I've done a lot of wiki editing, and even longer since I've worked with wikia.

    I'd like the 1st column in the table to be centered. I copied some code from the Pets page, but it didn't work. Please take a look.

      Loading editor
  • Hi. I’ve given you admin and bureaucrat rights on this wikia as you requested. You now have the tools you need to clean up, customize and maintain the wikia.

    Check out your Admin Dashboard, which can by found by clicking "Admin" on the bottom toolbar -- it has links to all your new tools. Please let me know if you have any questions, and good luck with your new (old) wikia!

      Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.